wont start aaarrgghh!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wont start aaarrgghh!!!!

i have a good batt an all turns over but wont start ...a buddy siad it may have jumped time ...its a 93 b3 all stock ( except the gun turret ) an im jus frustrated i got to replace the water pump an plan to do the timing belt at the same time an now i just cant seem to get her to start
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

I'd say it sounds like the fusible links or the ignition module.

For the links, check for corrosion and replace with plug in fuse type from McParts store.
    As for the module, if you have another disty laying around or can get your hands on one, switch it out and see if it starts.
    Last edited by drddan; 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Before you move directly to the less probable cause check:
      Coil to distributor connection
      Center fusible link / cartridge fuse (located behind the battery on the driverside strut tower)
      Do all other electrical components (headlights, marker lights, signals, interior dash lights) work?
      Last edited by Pu241; 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
        i have a good batt an all turns over but wont start ...a buddy siad it may have jumped time ...its a 93 b3 all stock ( except the gun turret ) an im jus frustrated i got to replace the water pump an plan to do the timing belt at the same time an now i just cant seem to get her to start
        Okay, so it cranks. Do you have spark? At the dizzy, at the plugs? If you're cranking, I doubt it's the fusible links. Tho, it wouldn't hurt to check them for corrosion/moisture. Have you done anything to the car lately?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

checking it in a lil bit ill post what i find
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

i checked the plugs wires main fuses starter timing belt an im about to shoot it i know its right in front of me i jus cant figure it out

Comment

Is the fuel pump running? Is the "roolover" switch poped? Mine poped all the time from bumos and I wound up zip tying it down.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
              1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
              R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
              00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
              03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
              pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
              Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
              Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                I'd say it sounds like the fusible links or the ignition module.

For the links, check for corrosion and replace with plug in fuse type from McParts store.
                As for the module, if you have another disty laying around or can get your hands on one, switch it out and see if it starts.

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                i checked the plugs wires main fuses starter timing belt an im about to shoot it i know its right in front of me i jus cant figure it out
                again...MODULE
                Last edited by drddan; 02-18-2011, 08:24 AM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

ive looked at everything lights rollover module coils wires plugs ....i swear theres a ghost in the machine

Comment

Ten pin connection under battery ????
                    New build on the way .

Comment

do you have spark?
                      do you have fuel pressure?
                      is the rotor (under dizzy) pointed in the right direction? it can be put in 3 positions.
                      is the cam rotating?
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

its got spark its got fuel ( its about to get a sledge hammer ....kidding ) the rollover switch is good im so at a loss here

Comment

it's got to be mechanical then, go after your timing belt first and look for missing teeth and proper timing, then do a compression check. should be over 120psi cold
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

been a lil bit couldnt fool with the festy till today an only for a few i finally got it to start but it idled so rough as in shaking the whole car i shut it down quick im no expert but im thinking it may have jumped time which is jus great

i was gonna get it to a guys shop for a waterpump an belts replacement day figured do it all an be done i guess it jus beat me ...so thats where the car is as of now an last time i did the TB on a car it was a crx an it took me forever to get it right

Comment

ok the timing seems to be right ..i have fuel an spark an it cranks jus fine but she wont fire im at a loss right now been fooling with it all day got the haynes manual right here an i have been using the " search feature " on the site the only thing i havent got to test is the ignition module an i dont have a spare 100 bucs to go pick one up right now ....so do you think its most likely the one thing i cant do an the IGN module has failed

i have 167ooo miles on the car an my last festy was a 91 an i put around 400 thousand on it an never had a failure like this i only did routine stuff oil plugs belts tires that car ran like a swiss watch ..im jus really frustrated right now sorry for venting

Comment

Working...
                              X