New to Festiva's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
    Let's say swivel instead of flip. It automatically swivels as the shoes wear and yes you return it back once you replace your shoes.
    Ahhhhh I got it now. My son did the shoe's while I was at work. I came home and tried to put the drum on and realized the shoes were to spread out to get the drum over them. And because I'm used to the adjuster being at the bottom of the shoe's. I started to panic thinking that the previous owner left something out. But you Gents have been very helpfull indeed!
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Glad we could be of help.

You'll be sticking around, I take it?

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
        Glad we could be of help.

You'll be sticking around, I take it?

Karl
        Yes I defiinetly got the Fest itch. We used to race 1/8 nitro offroad. So this whole Festiva thing will keep me out of trouble & give us cheap mileage as well. I'm looking at flying to CA with a one way ticket. And driving a rust free one back.

Comment

do take Karl's advice about the e-brake adjuster, if it's not floppy loose and lubed well (i use a combo of PB Blast and anti-sieze) you wont have a good, useable e-brake. also go to the cable boots on either side and inject some PB Blast or WD-40 into the boot, this will help to keep the cable from rotting and breaking.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            do take Karl's advice about the e-brake adjuster, if it's not floppy loose and lubed well (i use a combo of PB Blast and anti-sieze) you wont have a good, useable e-brake. also go to the cable boots on either side and inject some PB Blast or WD-40 into the boot, this will help to keep the cable from rotting and breaking.
            Thanks man will take his advice. You can NEVER have to much lube.

Comment

Hey Nitro, Molly grease is also a good choice, stays were you put it and does not wash away, also works well on the e-brake clevis and the cable. Welcome to the site and good luck.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                Hey Nitro, Molly grease is also a good choice, stays were you put it and does not wash away, also works well on the e-brake clevis and the cable. Welcome to the site and good luck.
                Thanks SC72 Molly Grease looks like an excellent idea.

Comment

Hey folks just got from Co with this Black Festy. She's an 89 stick with no tranny. The guy said the tranny blew up at 250k. I must be a glutten for punishmant. The main reason I pulled this thing back home 900 miles. Was cause I wanted a rust free chassis. This thing is abused she needs a lot of help. I gotta get a 89 manual way to many vaccum lines plugged and dangling. Anyway first thing is get my used tranny in and try to start her. Wish me luck ! I'm not to motivated cause we just got 4" of snow & my shop is heated by a little space heater. But at least I'm out of the wind and rain

Comment

Yup, you're addicted. :smile:
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

carbed 89

Hey nitro, check with drdan he has done the carb swap, he uses a weber carb and that gets rid of alot of vac lines. i think JPT is right, the Festy bug has bitten you hard. Good luck
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Hey nitro, check with drdan he has done the carb swap, he uses a weber carb and that gets rid of alot of vac lines. i think JPT is right, the Festy bug has bitten you hard. Good luck
                        Cool ur not the 1st person to mention the Weber. If I can get one cheap I might do it after she's running. And yes I've been biten hard.

Comment

Fluid Film does the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                            Fluid Film does the same thing.
                            Also a good choice.

Comment

Well guys I'm keeping busy. Not gonna let all the little fires that keep popping up on this project slow me down! So many years of neglect ! Good thing I like this little step child!
                              Last night I cobbled a Engine support together. Couldnt stand having the engine supported by the hose's. But thats how I recieved her. Also started cleaning the layers of grease amd dirt off the tranny housing. Gonna take it with the X-member to the powerwasher! Peace- Thomas.
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-12-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X