Alignment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment.

Im starting to finish up putting a new radiator support in. And the suspension is alllllll out of whack because of it. And now the wheels have excessive positive camber, it's pretty bad, now im not the best with suspension so is there anywhere i can start looking?

Thanks in advanced.
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

if you didn't touch the suspension when doing the radiator support.

you may just need to settle the suspension on the ground or drive it to bring it back to normal

I am the original

Comment

Genevadirt: Yeah i read the diy alignment.

mechanicaldj: I had to cut out the whole radiator support. So i took off the sway bar, axles. Unbolted the outer tie rod and inner tie rod from the knuckle.

Comment

there still should be no alignment change just by unbolting parts as you described. the sway bar only locates the wheels for caster. and if all you did was remove the outer tierod end from the knuckle, you should have no change in toe angle either.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

mmmm, i hope it'll change when i put it down. Maybe the strut has just moved from hanging there for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X