Bad day..some minor(?) damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day..some minor(?) damage

Unfortunately, I accidentally rear-ended a Grand-Am. Maybe 5-10 mph, if that. Should have gotten that Aspire brake swap already! It doesn't look terrible, but damage none the less. Anyone know how much this will run me? I'm hoping to do the repairs by myself.

Starting with the obvious, the amber corner is shattered (I removed it). Maybe an excuse to get clear corners. (Anyone know how much they usually go for? :p) The dent where the paint is gone is from the collision. I figure I'll have to junkyard a fender, as well as that piece under the headlight/corner light when I can find a Festy around here. What I'm concerned about is that bumper. I'm not sure if theres any damage under it.

That fender got pushed back far enough so that the door rubs every time I open it.
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

You got away cheap!
    Unbolt the fender bolt along the hood and slide it forward to keep your door from rubbing.
    The headlight eye brow piece might be easily "massaged" back to shape.
    I wouldn't worry about the bumper as the shape of the reinforcement means you may have only caught the edge of the "beam" inside the bumper.
    Of course you can always total it out and I'll come get it!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmc View Post
      (Anyone know how much they usually go for? :p)
      There was a member (David88 iirc) selling them for 95$ (Shipped ?)

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Looks like a pretty easy fix. I doubt any harm was done to the bumper frame like Pu241 said.

I whacked a kia last week, I know how you feel.
        Previous:
        1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
        1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
        1988 5 speed. The pile
        1993 5 speed.
        1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

easy fix
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

BTW it is not a really bad

THIS is a real bad day two car in less than 12 hours:

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
            X