Ignition coil wire / Coolant Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition coil wire / Coolant Hose

Howdy -I just noticed a solid black wire from the ignition coil just hanging loose ('88 LX). A reattachment point would be greatly appreciated. I failed my schematic reading course. Also on the coolant resevoir, the hose from the radiator goes to the bottle but where does the short hose go (or is it suppose to be loose) on the other side. The Haynes doesn't really show any pics.
    Maybe I'll change my site name to FestivaDoofus:tard: Thanks!
    Last edited by bastille10; 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM.

I think it goes to the condensor. Where's that?

Comment

Ah... A/C condensor? No A/C. Stick a fork in it. This thread is done.

Comment

the black wire is supposed to go to the small black cube that sits on your dizzy, if the wire is broken at the cube (condensor) then a replacement needs to be made (about $3 in parts). the short tube on the resivoir is supposed to vent to atmosphere.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

FestYboy - The cube still attached to the end of the wire. It looks like it fastens to something with a screw or nut (on the distributor?).

Comment

If it is the wire that comes off the distributor then it foes to your iginition coil on the positive side.
            Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

^what he said.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The black wire is still attached to the positive side of the coil ( left side with black &white wire on same nut). It's the other end that's loose (end with cube still on it.). Were does it attach on the dizzy?
                Last edited by bastille10; 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Its located on the distributor at the bottom left of the pic. To the right of the bubble on the distributor.
                  Last edited by brickdog2000; 02-27-2011, 07:09 PM.
                  Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Thanks brickdog and festYboy. I needed the visual!

Comment

Working...
                    X