Longer brake hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer brake hose

Since certain parts people are half-way worthless... I'm needing a longer brake hose for the drivers side on the Aspire. The 4 and 2 door apparently have different brake setups. I'm needing a brake hose that's about 3 inches longer. Any ideas on the fitting sizes? I'm guessing the fittings isn't universal per every car. Probably have to have a make and model before they sell me one since that's all the know.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Don't know if we're talking front or rear here, I'm guessing rear because of the suspected difference between 2 and 4 door cars. Anyway here's what Napa has.

Front (both sides same): part # UP 380253, 18" in length. The fitting should be an M10x1.0 on the hardline side, a fairly common size. However finding a hose with the proper banjo bolt fitting on the other end might be a chore.

Left Rear: part # UP 380252, 13.5" in length. Female M10x1.0 on both ends

Right Rear: part # UP 380251, 11.75 in length. Female M10x1.0 on both ends

For the rears it should be easy to find the correct fittings on a longer length hose, the front ones not so much as they have the banjo fitting and the hardware in the middle for attachment to the strut.

If you can give me rough length you need I can get it cross-reffed for you and at least find a part #, maybe even a car to order it for.
    Last edited by htchbck; 03-07-2011, 08:19 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Just a guess: Try the Kia Rio 2001 to 2002 front brake hoses if that's what you need.

However, note: My Aspire front hose metal grommets that attach to the strut WON'T. They appear to be too big to fit into the Kia Rio front strut hose bracket. So if you use Rio hoses on the front of an Aspire, they may be too small to fit snugly into the strut brackets.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks guys a million! It looks like the length I need is around a 16" that should have enough play. If I can't find another I'll look at the rio's.. really don't want to make a trip to the PNP right now or even this week.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

2001 Rio front hose is listed as being 18.1875" long... I don't think the extra .1875" will make much difference over the aspire 18" one. Still haven't specified if we're talking front of rear. If rear I found Napa part # 380913 its 15.25" inch. They don't list them in any orderly fashion as best I can tell lol.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Thanks! It's for the rear sorry that slipped my mind. I'll look at the 380913 it might just be perfect.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Actually by my measurements it still would be a tad bit to short. A 16+ is needed.. almost tempted to go to napa and see what they can find. I'm not having the best of luck with part stores though.
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

UP 609358, 16"... like I said, no rhyme or reason to the part #s as best I can tell
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Up 609355, 16.75"
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Thanks htchback for looking up those #'s. I did go to napa and everything they found would have to come from IN which would cost more than the part itself... don't think it was those #'s though go figure. I didn't want to do it but I bent the line so it goes down straight. That allowed just enough length for the stock hose to work. I placed a piece of plastic between the hard line and original line and wire tied it in place. I hope it works.. sure didn't want to do that. 2003 Mits. Montero Sport has the line you need if anyone runs into this. No one carries it though!
                    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                    X