CV Axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV Axle

Does anyone know a good resource for my passenger side CV axle? My local parts store says they run about $68 plus the seals for another $15 or so.

Any good tricks to pulling it because this is my first one!

Thanks!

good luck in pulling....moved to the proper section. Please watch when posting...thanks.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

very simple to pull. You only need to undo the nut on the axle and take the bolt off holding the lower control arm in place and pop it out....you will have plenty of room to swing everything out of the way.
      Give it a good pull and it should pop out. If it is a little stubborn you can try a pry bar at point where the axle goes into the tranny while someone is pulling on it. Do not use to much force if doing that so you do not crack the tranny case.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I used a slide hammer and had to loosen the rubber grommets off the cat and it took all of 5 minutes out and back in when I put my new axles in the last six months.... they were my first axles too....
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Working...
        X