Vents in hatch leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vents in hatch leak

Anyone else have the vents in the hatch area leak? I redid the gaskets on the tail lights just find out those were leaking. I put a thick bead of the black gasket in a tube around both since I didn't see any other solution. Don't think I've had any other Festiva that leaked around those.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Mine leak right (tail lights). I'm going to do the mouse pad trick.
    Last edited by Charlie1717; 03-15-2011, 05:36 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I thought one of mine was leaking, so I caulked it, only to find out it was, in fact, my taillight gasket that was the culprit.

Comment

Could this be why the back of my hatch was soaking wet after a downpour?
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
          Could this be why the back of my hatch was soaking wet after a downpour?
          Absolutely. It's a fairly common problem. Water gets down in the spare tire well.
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

On the tail light gaskets I used a roll of EPDM rubber. Absolutely no leaks. I need to test the vents again to see if it fixed it. You could tell when it leaked really start to stink!
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
            X