Swapping motors, Crankshaft size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping motors, Crankshaft size question

Hey,, I had a 92 lx that threw a rod through the block, and a 90 L donor with a good motor, went to do the ol' switch-a-roo,, and as i needed the pulley with the extra groove, i had to switch it. prolllem is: the Crankshafts are different???? Whats the deal with that? Different models? Different years? Both?

It's possibly that the 92 may have a 93 engine with the large crankshaft in it. Depends on when in the year it was built. I know that on my 90 I have to get a disty cap and rotor for a 91. 90 is a different size and won't work.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Yup late '92s and all '93's had a big nose crank. You will need an early pulley. Post your location and I'm sure someone can help. I might even have what you need.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Hold onto that old pulley - They are like Hen's teeth - very rare and desirable!

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          Yup late '92s and all '93's had a big nose crank. You will need an early pulley. Post your location and I'm sure someone can help. I might even have what you need.
          that would be awesome. i guess i need the assembly for the smaller crank. I need the dual pulley setup

Comment

Originally posted by roycehof View Post
            Hold onto that old pulley - They are like Hen's teeth - very rare and desirable!
            you mean the one for the bigger crank? thanks for the tip, I'l put it on the shelf

Comment

I'll trade you plus cash let me know?
              New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
              X