Advice on buying festiva.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying festiva.

I really love festivas! Ive been looking for a low cost manual trans festiva for quite some time now. I have found an auto festiva, and it doesnt shift into reverse or low (when it is shifted into low, but uses first as usual in drive). It is priced at 400$ and im sure i could get them down to 300. Do you think i will have further problems with the transmission? It is a small car so i can push it in reverse, and i dont mind. Let me know what oyu think rubbereyes3@hotmail.com
    Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

If it's got a good engine, you could rip out the automatic trans. and replace it with a standard.

It's not that difficult.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Thank you! What do you think a used transmission should cost (so i know what to look for when calling around)? Also I was wondering if you had any estimates on how long the trans should last. Is it an immediate threat, or something that will gradually get worse?

I cant wait to get back into the "Festiva Club"
      Ive missed my festy dearly, and now Im emotionally ready to fill the void it has left in my heart.
      Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

Comment

dont know if i would like the idea of driving a one directional car. no reverse sounds scary. although of all cars you picked a light one to push backwards :lol:
        90 L FI..second B3
        90 L Parts car
        Jay

Comment

Re: ..

Originally posted by Dyflon
          Thank you! What do you think a used transmission should cost (so i know what to look for when calling around)? Also I was wondering if you had any estimates on how long the trans should last. Is it an immediate threat, or something that will gradually get worse?

I cant wait to get back into the "Festiva Club"
          Ive missed my festy dearly, and now Im emotionally ready to fill the void it has left in my heart.
          First thing to do is find a junker Festiva with a 5 speed.

Take off the shift stick, shifter linkage, shift boot, clutch and brake pedals, clutch cable, transmission, CV axles (difference between auto and manual CVs), clutch, nuts & bolts and anything else you think might be related to the transmission.

Pull off the automatic transmission and all its associated parts, and swap them for the manual. Replace the clutch while you're at it, since they're only $100 new.

Transmissions can run anywhere from $50-300 depending on where you look. Believe me, it pays to shop around!

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
          X