Need downpipe diameter for stock Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need downpipe diameter for stock Festy

I'll be installing a flextube cause a solder I made with a friend didn't hold.
    Now my little Pepestiva is sounding like a Hino truck.

So yeah diameter of stock downpipe. thats it.
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

i believe it's 1.825 (1 7/8). What you COULD do though is take some string and measure the circumfrence (sp) and then do some maths to find the diameter.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Hmmm I just did that. It gives me 6 3/4 circumference so 2.12" of diameter. Confused.
      J-S

Comment

why is that confusing? so the downpipe is 2 1/8" and then after the cat it squeezes down to 1.5"... grab a 2" flex pipe and fit it inside the downpipe.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

will try that, thx festyboy!
          J-S

Comment

Dude mine was like 1.5 or 1.75...
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

then im screwed, that downpipe is probably not stock...
              J-S

Comment

all the factory DPs that i've encountered have been bigger than the after cat pipe... just sayin'

Comment

According to Rockauto, AP Exhaust lists three different downpipes:
                  RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Walker lists two different pipes:
                  RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Diameters aren't listed tho. Walker only lists one pipe for all Aspires.

So what year and transmission do you have?
                  Last edited by TominMO; 03-18-2011, 09:42 PM.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I got a 93L auto
                    J-S

Comment

Working...
                    X