Will an Aspire heater core work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an Aspire heater core work?

Have a small heater core leak...........just enough to smell the rank coolant when the heater is on.......yuk!

Wondering if a heater core from a 1995 Aspire will fit in a 93 festy?

no... simple answer. i see from your location that you'll need it for another month or so, but after that, i'd just bypass it and search for a proper heater core.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Say, whereabouts are you in BC? If you're near me, I may be able to figure something out for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
        Say, whereabouts are you in BC? If you're near me, I may be able to figure something out for ya.

South island........
        A nearby wrecker has an aspire.
        I bought some Gunk coolant stop leak to try first.

Comment

Alright. I hope that works for ya. Otherwise, maybe send a PM the way of hotrodin4me. He's a Festi addict, and he knows what's up. haha

Comment

Well that was a complete Pi$$ off!
            Never going to do that again.

Spent a few hours researching the best coolant leak product to use. Found many posts from others that have had plugged heater cores from using Bar`s stop leak brand stuff.........so I decided to stay away from Bars.....

Well, I can tell you that Gunk stop seal is no better.......

Plugged my heater core so NO heat was there. Sure, it stopped the leak, but WTF is it doing to the cooling passages in the cyl head and block?

Spent the morning flushing and back-flushing the heater core and all passages with water numerous times. Now at least I have SOME heat coming out.....but not like it was before I added the GUNK. Never again.

Lesson learned........

I wrote a long letter to Gunk, explaining my dissatisfaction.....will see where that gets me, if anywhere.

Comment

i always had luck using Prestone stopleak (just the juice) and never a pluging issue. I would have said to stay away from anything with particles in it. the other option would have been draining and filling with the stuff that VW uses (but it's about $25 a gal.)
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X