Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shifter assembly repair Howto with pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspire

Does anyone know if the Aspire/Festy are the same? I'd like to rebuild my Aspire shifter with these. Thanks-
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Is it too late to get in on this? I'm not having any luck finding this stuff. Probably why you guy are ordering them. I've got a sloppy shifter in a '88 LX and will buy all of those if you guys think thats what I need. I've got a PayPal account but you may have to walk me through it.

Comment

I was reminded the day before yesterday, that I hadn't ordered these cheap parts from Four Green. I figure, if we get enough participants it will be worth it to place the order.

Here are the main shifter parts:

KKY0146062 BUSH $0.45
        KKY0246081 SEAL-BALL $1.34
        KKY0146086 SEAT-BALL $0.81
        KKY0146090 BOOT $1.22

Here are some other cheap parts that members may want:

MB09243028 PAD-PEDAL MANUAL $1.34
        M026843028 PAD-PEDAL AUTO $2.50

If anyone wants something else, then select the 2 door Kia Pride part numbers from the Russian parts catalog and then cut and paste the part number for availabiliy and price on Four Green. Remember, there is the Fedex shipping charge from Korea. All parts are OEM.

Pay me for expensive or heavy parts before I place the order with Four Green in Michigan.
        You would need 4 bushings.
        and 2 manual pedal pads
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Disconnect the shifter rod from underneath. Pop out the spring. Remove the shifter handle completely. remove the old bushings. Remove the old rubber seal. Install all parts in reverse. Don't forget to put some aluminum complex grease on the shifter ball.
          Nav, even though your bushings are relatively new, just pop them out to strech the rubber seal on, then replace them. I have an extra 50 bushings just in case of emergency (I over-ordered. Anyone want to buy a few extras?).
          Do not discard any old lower shifter boots that are not torn. Other members who have torn lower shifter boots need them.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

stickie this
            ;
            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
            '92 Festiva L M/T
            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Jeeze! You can gett the parts from your local Mazda dealer!! Its been posted many times, try the search! Or look up this thread, it has all the parts #s from Mazda! It was posted by skimsucka/RJ- "Shifter Sloppiness Solved!! No Austrailian Non-Sense". Its in the Repair Help Forum.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Does anyone know if the Aspire/Festy are the same? I'd like to rebuild my Aspire shifter with these. Thanks-
                Thread resurrection - I have a related question: ARE the shifter assemblies for the Aspire & festy identical?
                I have both & clearly the Aspire unit is mint compared to the festy, but It looks like the stabilizer bar has a bit more of a bend, wondering if that is from abuse or design?
                If they are different can I remove the housing & rubber ears from one to install in the other or are the not intended to be dissembled?

Comment

Working...
                X