Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter-changeable MANUAL Seatbelts?

Guys -

When I look at Ford and Kia parts catalogs they show left and right seatbelts with different part numbers. However, for instance, can't a "Front L" be swapped with a "Front R"? Or a "Rear L" be swapped with a "Rear R"?

Asking the question because Ford and Fourgreen list they may have only a "L" or a "R" but not both. Aren't they inter-changeable? If that's the case you could order 2 Lefts, for instance, and it would work just fine.

I've looked at my existing seatbelts and it looks like you can swap them. Am I missing something?
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Bhueller? Bhueller? Anyone?.....

Comment

I wanted to know this too but never got a answer

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
        I wanted to know this too but never got a answer

Hey devon527 -

Don't know why none of the more experienced members aren't commenting here but I'm pretty danged confident that they can be swapped. A retract reel is a retract reel, the belt material is the same and the buckles are the same L to R, etc. I'm sure it can be done but would be nice to hear from a senior member who's actually done it (if that's the case).

I will say that I talked to my Ford parts guy and his parts drawings showed the front R seatbelt 'part' came with the front R seatbelt and the 'U'-shaped center female receptacle whereas the front L 'part' was only the front L seatbelt. However, Kia Pride parts on fourgreen.com shows separate part #s for the front L, center female 'U' and the front R. If you hear anything in regards to our original questions, pls let me know.

Cheers -

Twister
        Last edited by Twistiva; 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X