oil in radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in radiator

I just got an 89 carb been sitting for a long time needs fuel pump and some other things,But I have oil in the radiator it sounds ok running and is not burning antifreeze{or oil} do you think i have a bad head gasket? blown between oil and coolant passage? Any input welcome. Thank you....

Are you sure it is oil? Could it be some kind of bacteria or something from sitting for that long? First things first, drain it, flush it, and fill it. Drive it a while and see if it comes back. If not, it was just old and dirty, if it does come back, probably a head gasket issue.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I had the same issue. Oil in the water, no water in the oil. Bad head gasket after head warping from overheating. I bet that's why it sat for so long. The head will need to come off for machine work. If it's still overheating you may also need to replace the radiator. Might as well put in a running b6 or b8 now.
      Oscar

Comment

thanks for the input i will flush and run awhile and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X