Cant roll driver window up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant roll driver window up

Well every time i roll the window up the back part starts arching up out of place. i have to pull back on the window to roll it up. anyone know what the problem is?

yea welcome to the club... its a common problem.... the tracks get worn out... bet bet is to try and find a car at a jy with a good one.... good luck been looking for a while
    91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Take off the door panel, tighten the screws that hold the window a little bit and then spray the tracks with white lithium grease. Just use the straw that comes with the can and run it up and down the track once or twice. Roll the window up and down and repeat on the other side.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

thanks guys, yeah i bought me a 91 festiva with 160k miles on it for $100. all it needed was a fuel pump. its been a very good car i love it. big difference in gas mileage compared to my 84 monte carlo

Comment

Welcome Blue, you need to put your location in your profile that way if you ever need help, someone may be close enough to you to help you. Again, welcome to the best site on the pc.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I had the same problem with my windows when I bought and sprayed the rubber and tracks with silicone while rolling the windows up and down. They both work great now.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
              I had the same problem with my windows when I bought and sprayed the rubber and tracks with silicone while rolling the windows up and down. They both work great now.
              +1 Worked like a charm for me . And don't be shy with the stuff, hose the tracks with it.
              91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
              92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
              95 Grand Prix SE DD
              Wife's Stuff:
              89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
              97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
              Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Yep, you can always wipe the excess off.
                -Zack
                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Also check the front lower mounting bracket for the track the window follows up and down, it likes to break off.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34271
                  Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                  1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I'm having the same problem right now, glad I tumbled upon this thread. I was just planning on working the doors tomorrow. What more could I ask?
                    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Comment

I squirt a bunch of Armorall into the window tracks of my cars. the rubber dries out and stiffens over time. This puts big drag on the cranking mechanism and possibly leading to it breaking in the future.

Comment

Here's a fix that I posted to the Festiva group in Yahoo.com a few years ago:
                        Lubricate channels with Silicone spray lube (get at hardware or auto parts store)

Sometimes the nylon lift gromet breaks also.
                        This causes the window to tilt forward.
                        Gromets: $21.78 for 2 Packs (3 each) Part number N20463 Mazda Door Glass Screw From: northlandfasteners.com Need 2 screw gromets per window.
                        I just checked their site and they still have them.
                        Just put N20463 in the "Search Criteria" line and press enter and they will pop up.
                        They also have other windshield clips and other molding clips the you may need.

Comment

If spraying the tracks with white lithium grease does not work then you may need to check if the brackets that are holding the glass are broken

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            Here's a fix that I posted to the Festiva group in Yahoo.com a few years ago:
                            Lubricate channels with Silicone spray lube (get at hardware or auto parts store)

Sometimes the nylon lift gromet breaks also.
                            This causes the window to tilt forward.
                            Gromets: $21.78 for 2 Packs (3 each) Part number N20463 Mazda Door Glass Screw From: northlandfasteners.com Need 2 screw gromets per window.
                            I just checked their site and they still have them.
                            Just put N20463 in the "Search Criteria" line and press enter and they will pop up.
                            They also have other windshield clips and other molding clips the you may need.
                            this needs to be stickied!!!
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^I second that motion!
                              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                              X