Excessive Crank Case Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Crank Case Pressure

I have an 89 Carby I am working on. And even with a new PCV valve it appears to have excessive amounts of crank case pressure. It is totally eating up the seals mainly the crank seal. It will even spit oil out the dipstick tube while it is running. I have never seen one do this unless the PCV was completely gone, but it is new.

Does anyone have any ideas if there is anything I can do to get the engine to breath correctly again? I would rather fix it than just drop another running engine in it.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

soak the rings in seafoam or marvel overnight, then clear them and do it again...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Following...
      A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        soak the rings in seafoam or marvel overnight, then clear them and do it again...
        I will give that a shot, you think they are carboned up? or just dry?
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

If you shake the PCV valve, you should hear the check ball go up and down. With the engine idling, pull the hose off the PCV valve and check for strong suction.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            If you shake the PCV valve, you should hear the check ball go up and down. With the engine idling, pull the hose off the PCV valve and check for strong suction.
            Checked that, it is all working correctly.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

thinking they're carboned up and not being allowed to seal against the cyl wall.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
              X