Crank Seal for a Late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Seal for a Late?

I need a crank seal, is this the set up used on the 92-93 Festiva and Aspires?

http://

http://
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

they wont let you open them up any bigger...

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I guess I will have to use the digital camera tomorrow so I can make them bigger. They were sent to me from a cell phone.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Autozone by me had both in stock. They were only ~$6 a piece. Pick them up and return the one that doesn't fit.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
          Autozone by me had both in stock. They were only ~$6 a piece. Pick them up and return the one that doesn't fit.
          I may do that in the am, this is a customers car and i need to get it done so I can get paid. Obviously the engine had been replaced at some point in the cars life, so I get to figure out what they used.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Need to see the first pic a little bigger to be sure, but it looks like it has the peg for orienting the pulley to the crankshaft, and not the notch? If so then its the late style ('93+)
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              Need to see the first pic a little bigger to be sure, but it looks like it has the peg for orienting the pulley to the crankshaft, and not the notch? If so then its the late style ('93+)
              Yes it is the peg style. So it must be the late. The crank steps up in size a bit just behind the timing gear where the seal is.

Learn something new everyday, I guess this one is the "Big Nose" crank.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Compare your pulley bolt pattern to the pictures below. The pulley on the left is the "big nose" crank and the one on the right is the "small nose".
                Attached Files
                You gonna race that thing?
                http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

I got it today guys, thank you for the input. It was the "Big Nose" crank and Advance delivered the correct gasket and seal set today. It's all back together and now I just need to find the correct AC pulley for it in case he wants to try to fix the add on AC system that is on it currently. Hope to get it all set in and fired up tomorrow.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                  X