Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the check engine light telling me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the check engine light telling me?

I tried searching and came up with nothing, anyway my check engine light comes on and the car sputters and dies but not all the time??

Last time it did this is was a simple fix of dumping in a couple of jugs of gas line antifreeze as I park my car in a heated shop and it does get some condensation in the tank.

Today I changed the plugs and they were black so I am thinking that I may have an 02 sensor or somthing that needs changing.

so I will ask the gods (you guys) what would you do?

The "Festiva/Aspire Repair Help" Sticky in the "Repair Help Forum" has the procedure for code retrieval, post #3, and post #5 has the list for the codes.
    '90 LX

Comment

Black plugs, running rich, yeah quite possibly the O2 ain't doin' its job. Unless some more obvious answer comes up, I'd say change it out with a new one: Denso part #234-1000, aboot $20. You will have to splice it in, but no biggie.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I did the obd thing and it said water temp sensor, changed it today, will post if it fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X