Electrical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Question

When I turn on my parking lamps (first click),my headlights come on also. I know it's not the multi function switch,swapped it with another Festy. Is it a relay?...park or headlight?...or is there a switch in the harness behind the dash somewhere?

Maybe the previous owner (assuming there was a previous owner) had a problem with the headlights.

Perhaps the headlight relay was bad and they just wired the headlights to come on with the parking lights.

Check under the hood for any weird jumper wire connections around the lights. It sounds like a DIY fix.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Hey Tex hows it going. I noticed you had inquired in other posts concerning a internittant wiper switch? Did you do this conversion? The reason I ask is maybe you happened to do some splicing?It looks like you have had this problem for some time now? Looking at a schematic I see if the R/Y Prk Lmp relay wire & R/BK Head Lmp relay wire were to be spliced together. You would get both Prk & Head lites to come on in the first detent of the switch. You asked about the relay locations... The Head lamp relay is in the three relay cluster L/H fender. And the Park lamp relay is R/H fender. Hope this helps. You didnt say you saw any rewire work in your other posts. But I'm having a hard time seeing how this can happen if the switch is good. Unless you had two bad switchs. Which I highly doubt. If there are no obvious splices under your steering column. Try to find those two wires that I called out.And make sure the insulation hasnt rubbed through to where they are touching. Like I said if they are jumped,you'll get your condition.Other than that we need someone with more brain power. Cuz I'm not seeing how its happening. Thomas
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
      X