Rans leaking again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rans leaking again

Thanks all for the help last time or should I say just two days ago. Found that leak. It was the trans cooling lines that came off. Got the lines back on, just drove it to a get together and all the fluid is gone again. Checked the lines they are good. Were else could you leak 6 quarts. For those that want to chime in it's a auto trans. Motor runs like a champ

Originally posted by cestelle View Post
    Thanks all for the help last time or should I say just two days ago. Found that leak. It was the trans cooling lines that came off. Got the lines back on, just drove it to a get together and all the fluid is gone again. Checked the lines they are good. Were else could you leak 6 quarts. For those that want to chime in it's a auto trans. Motor runs like a champ
    Your car consumed 1 1/2 gal of ATF fluid? For sure its not leaking onto the ground from the tranny? Your post kinda sounds like you lost 6 qts with no visable sign of a leak? If thats the case your radiator has a leaking transmission heat exchanger. Thats what those line go to. They allow trans fluid to be cooled by the radiator. Hope that helps....
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

It's a two way street. If the trans fluid tube in the rad is cracked, antifreeze coolant can get into the transmission. Is your transmission fluid milky? If so, time for an emergency cleaning.

Comment

Umm honestly I think that it is not exactly a two way street, I am unsure of what pressure the trans pump is putting out but if it is higher than the cooling system then it could be only pushing transmission fluid into the rad. Kind of like a head gasket leak it can blow one way and push oil into the cooling jacket and still not be getting coolant into the oil.

Comment

Yeah, but the trans line is also sucking up what it was pushing out. It could theoretically be sucking up coolant and blowing out trans fluid into the radiator.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
          X