O ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O ring

Just bought a new water pump for an 88 Festy. Would someone tell me where the O ring goes that came in the box? I didn't see one on the old pump or in the shop manual.
    thanks

Originally posted by denguy View Post
    Just bought a new water pump for an 88 Festy. Would someone tell me where the O ring goes that came in the box? I didn't see one on the old pump or in the shop manual.
    thanks
    it goes to the pipe that runs in front of the engine....there is a joint there that is just sealed with an o-ring. You must have pulled the pump without taking it apart there.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That's what I did. Don't like having parts left over.
      thanks

Comment

FYI: That particular area where the steel tube pushes into the pump is prone to leaks. The tube gets corroded, so pay special attention to that when you re-install so you don't have to do it twice!!
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Since the original question got answered, is the o-ring available separately?
          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
            Since the original question got answered, is the o-ring available separately?
            I would imagine you could find it if you knew what the size was supposed to be. But I would bet there are a bunch out there that no one replaced when doing there water pump....so you may find one from them....lol
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I didn't see a "tube pressed into the pump". There was only the steel tube held to the pump flange with 2 bolts. Did I miss something?

Comment

Tubes are pressed together behind the exhaust manifold. If you look there you should see where the two tubes join. That's where the O-ring goes.
                Chuck
                Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                If money will fix it, it's not broken
                91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                93 GL - Lil Red
                91 L - Tweetystiva
                http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...