Engine Blow by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Blow by

I have a 97 kia pride lx here in PI, noticed that the ai breather hose, and oil dipstick spews out white smoke. My power seems to be ok and my plugs are not sooted with oil or carbon as the case of piston ring trouble. What could be the cause of thies excessive blow by? Any way of fixing the problems without replacing the rings? Could it also ba a defective valve seal?

Have any seafoam in the your area? I fixed a old eclispe that way.. didn't work on the aspire it was to far gone.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I think we dont have seafoam here in the Phils.

Comment

SPEWS out of the dip stick hole and breather ,like a whiff of white smoke ,
        or like a brush fire , while it's running and is it worse when the motor is hot or cold
        What does the inside of your oil cap look like, or inside your valve cover ?
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Well it spews white smoke through the engine brether, oil dipstick. Ive reconnected my breather to the air filter canister and put an improvised filter with foam and noticed that the filter has oil in it after 2 weeks of use. Spark plugs are in good condition and are not sooted with oil or carbon as in the case of piston ring failure. Tha car also still has power and managed to reach 120kph at hway speeds. My only complaint is the smoke, and oil and the car only manages 9.kkm/l on city driving and 12.5km'l on the freeway with the aircon on. With my car status right now is it possible that anytime in the future will my car suddenly stop? What possible cures can I do besides tearing the engine apart? I just got the car a month ago and havent change the engine oil, filter, plugs. Will a tune up & change oil cure it? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by packrat427
          SPEWS out of the dip stick hole and breather ,like a whiff of white smoke ,
          or like a brush fire , while it's running and is it worse when the motor is hot or cold
          What does the inside of your oil cap look like, or inside your valve cover ?

Comment

Have you checked your ignition timing yet? I've heard that can cause the same thing.
            The Festiva Store
            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Not yet, Im planning to change the oil, filter, plugs, remove the valve cover and clean it and adjust the tappets, also will inspect valve seals. Ill be also putting in a new air filter and adjust the timing. Planning also to flush the engine before putting in new oil. Hope those procedures could cure my woes on my car but if you guys have any more suggestions please, I wolud really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Originally posted by nonamekid
              Have you checked your ignition timing yet? I've heard that can cause the same thing.

Comment

is this a carb'd or fuel injected engine?

16 valve or 8 valve?

automatic or manual?

Comment

Its a 1997 kia pride lx sedan with an 1100 cc carb engine.

Comment

Could drop some auto tranny down the carb like the old school tech's used to. I wouldn't recommend it though. Sounds like your carb maybe running rich.
                    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Is it possible that if the engine is running too rich a mixture that the engine blows out white smoke on the breather,pcv, and dipstick?

Originally posted by ericsmith32
                      Could drop some auto tranny down the carb like the old school tech's used to. I wouldn't recommend it though. Sounds like your carb maybe running rich.

Comment

Any more inputs bros?

Comment

Working...
                        X