Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much?

Is there a thing called to much compression. I've got oil coming out of valve cover gasket again. I've gotta get this car running half way decent. It's becoming a money pit. LOL

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

I believe there is but you might want to get the valve cover and head checked to see if it is deformed in anyway that may be causing the gasket not to seat properly.

Comment

Compression has nothing to do with oil pressure. Sound like the VC gasket was not on correctly. Get a good Fel Pro gasket and use the spacers provide so as not to over tighten.
      Clean it well before putting it back on.
      91 Festiva, BP, auto
      69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

crankcase pressure

Check the pcv valve. It sounds like maybe it could be cloged. If it is pressure could biuld up and blow oil out of gaskets or seals.

Comment

It's suction and I can Herr the ball inside

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
          First time owner
          89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
          Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

the next time you replace the VC gasket, spray down the VC with brake clean and let it dry, wipe down the head mating surface with brake clean and rag and let dry, get some copper spray and coat all sides of the gasket and place it in the VC, then lightly coat the head mating surface w/ spray and install the VC, no more leaks!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X