delay wiper switch and tailights with clear signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delay wiper switch and tailights with clear signals

First off a question im sure this is the wrong place but I cant get my speedo to work the cable spins but it seems just to short to reach the insturment cluster.

Next I pulled the delay wiper arm and electronics from a mazda 626 with adjustble delay and installed it in my factory headlight switch it works great! any body else try this? The only downfall is all the 626's in the yard had cruise control, but Im happy to finnally have delay wipers...

The last question on my way home I found a festiva with tailights that were red and all clear are these anything special or is the amber part of the light just faded? The owner said he would be willing to sell or trade...
    93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
    89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
    2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Speeds help should be posted in repair subforum but is it the stock instrument cluster or did you swap?

Those tail lights sound like there just faded. I've been searching forever for aftermarkeet tail lights that might even come close to fitting but haven't found any. So they are probably just faded

Comment

thanks for the reply...The cluster is stock but the cable is from a 93 and ive been told there different ill check the repair forum
      93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
      89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
      2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

My tail lights are the same and i also have the clear front corners. The previous owner hadn't done any modifications to it and i haven't found the same tail lights anywhere but it really really doesnt look like the amber has just faded.
        -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
        -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by nutoofestiva View Post

Next I pulled the delay wiper arm and electronics from a mazda 626 with adjustble delay and installed it in my factory headlight switch it works great! any body else try this? The only downfall is all the 626's in the yard had cruise control, but Im happy to finnally have delay wipers...
          I've been wanting to do this, but I can't find the control unit for the delay.
          Where was the box at?

Also, do you other members know of a write up on delay wipers?
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

thanks for the reply...The cluster is stock but the cable is from a 93 and ive been told there different ill check the repair forum
            If you replaced your manual trans speedo cable with an auto trans one, it might be too short. Or maybe it's the other way around, but I believe that it is an issue. I doubt that it's because it's from a 93--Rock Auto doesn't make that distinction. And they only show a 1988-93 manual cable, for 4- and 5-speeds, not an auto one. And Aspires use a completely different cable BTW.
            Last edited by TominMO; 05-09-2011, 12:34 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
              I've been wanting to do this, but I can't find the control unit for the delay.
              Where was the box at?

Also, do you other members know of a write up on delay wipers?
              not sure about a write up but it is really easy to do.....what year are you working on?
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

did you get the one with the orange end button? If you get the newer one it is just a twist and you can not really tell a difference between the real one and it.

So to answer your question....yes , others have done that swap....lol. I have pulled at least 10 myself over the years.
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

My Festiva is a 93.
                  I've seen several Mazdas in junk yards with the intermittent wiper stalk, but I know they aren't good without the control boxes. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where they are.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                    My Festiva is a 93.
                    I've seen several Mazdas in junk yards with the intermittent wiper stalk, but I know they aren't good without the control boxes. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or where they are.
                    pull the steering wheel....you will see the wiper stalk and turn signal stalk sticking out of the cluster you need to pop off. There is a screw on the underside that you loosen and then pull off the whole assembly. When you flip it over the wiper stalk is through the part you need. It has 3 or 4 screw holding it in. Pull that and then do the same on your car swapping it for yours. You will be good to go.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Thanks Genenva!
                      ~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        pull the steering wheel....you will see the wiper stalk and turn signal stalk sticking out of the cluster you need to pop off. There is a screw on the underside that you loosen and then pull off the whole assembly. When you flip it over the wiper stalk is through the part you need. It has 3 or 4 screw holding it in. Pull that and then do the same on your car swapping it for yours. You will be good to go.
                        Is the 626 delayed wiper same as factory Festiva delayed wiper just better delay? If so I seen a 626 with delayed wiper at the JY the other day.

I KNOW...
                        I KNOW...

Comment

Originally posted by donnie316 View Post
                          Is the 626 delayed wiper same as factory Festiva delayed wiper just better delay? If so I seen a 626 with delayed wiper at the JY the other day.

I KNOW...
                          Look for the 626 delay wipers that have adjustable delay. Big improvement over the one-speed delay! Of course they have to have the same style of stalk, kinda square; we're talking late-80s 626s. I don't remember if any 323 stalks were adjustable delay.

I just clip the (two, IIRC) wires that go to the cruise control.
                          Last edited by TominMO; 05-11-2011, 09:10 PM.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                          X