Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temprature Gauge not working

'90 Festiva
    Last weekend while changing oil i noticed, what i now know is the temperature gauge sensor wire, the plastic connection piece was a little cruddy. I took a piece of paper towel and started to clean it and it cracked in my hand. I tried placing duct tape around it, however damage done and now the Temperature gauge doesnt work. Haven't gone to Autozone yet, just wondering if i will be able to find the plastic connector that the wire fits into on one end and plugs on to the sensor on the other end ? I attached a picture/bmp not sure if it worked. Appreciate any info anyone might have.

As far as the sensor you can get a replacement at advance auto... Here they are in stock as they are used on many vehicles. And for the wire I would rob one from a junkyard festy... It should fit in your pocket easily...
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Its called a "bullet connector", and should be readily available.

But, I've just cleaned the copper wire and sensor contact of crud with a solder flux. And soldered the wire directly to the sensor with a propane torch.

If your sensor is good, you will now have a more sensitive temp gage.
      It will give full a range reading and you can even tell by the gage, when you loading the engine, like driving up a hill/mountain. Because the temp gage will read slightly, but noticeably, higher.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Ok well I can't view the image on my iPod so I will assume by pu241's response you are talking about the sensor in front. I was thinking of the sensor on the bottom of the intake right next to the oil filter. If it is the one in the front pu pretty much nailed it for you. Let us know what you do and how it works for you.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
        X