Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who sells the bolts?

Hello fellas,

Currently working on setting my motor on a stand and I need longer transmission bolts to fix.

These are M12, 1.5 thread pitch and around 3 1/2 inches long.

I've only found places that would sell in packages of 25. Any idea where I could find 4 of these?
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

I just used regular bolts, washers and nuts that would fit into the stand holes and the engine holes. That did it for me.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Fastenall... I believe someone here works there and could snag a couple for you if you don't have a store nearby.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by js_og View Post
        Hello fellas,

Currently working on setting my motor on a stand and I need longer transmission bolts to fix.

I've only found places that would sell in packages of 25. Any idea where I could find 4 of these?
        I work at Fastenal... You can get them from there individually. I'm assuming you wanted M12, 1.5 x 90mm hex cap screw? (it's either going to be 85 mm or 90 3.5 inches is almsot 90 mm). I can buy 4 of them for about 2 bucks total but would have to ship them to Canada. It would cost you about 15 at a local fastenal store.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Hello fellas,

Canadian tire , fastenal , any big truck garages , etc...

Comment

I went to the local hardware and Fastenal are the ones who told me I could only get a pack of 25. Canadian Tire wasnt done though...

Just went back from the Canadian Tire. Good idea Jo, but the M12 X 1.5 seems rather rare around here

To Karl: I need the exact shaft diameter and thread pitch because if I use smaller, I'm afraid the threads could get damaged...

@ Charlie: I'll get the exact dimensions I need during the weekend. It's probably 85mm.
            J-S

Comment

I went to the local hardware and Fastenal are the ones who told me I could only get a pack of 25. Canadian Tire wasnt done though...

Just went back from the Canadian Tire. Good idea Jo, but the M12 X 1.5 seems rather rare around here

To Karl: I need the exact shaft diameter and thread pitch because if I use smaller, I'm afraid the threads could get damaged...

@ Charlie: I'll get the exact dimensions I need during the weekend. It's probably 85mm.
              I can get the m12 x 1.5 85 or 90mm, next day. I see with the 85 that is the cut off for bulk things. If you go with 10.9 grade you can get individual but the 8.8 zinc plated are in packs of 25. But the 10.9 would probably be better for you anyway.
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification Charlie! It'll be better off for everyone if I can get em locally. I'll be able to start the motor work earlier on.
                J-S

Comment

Working...
                X