a/c compressor wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c compressor wire

I hit a deer on front passenger side. Got it back on the road with parts from my parts car and a new oxygen sensor. The a/c compressor wire is still connected to comp. with 8" of wire & I can't find where it goes from there. 90 L , factory a/c, manual trans, 347K miles. Searched wiring harnesses & other places where it might have come from. Can't find a loose end.

from under the top of the core support, next to the receiver/drier, there is the a/c harness you seek

Comment

a/c

347,000 miles!!!? How is that car doing? Have you owned it long? I'm inspired. It should be retired to live its remaining life in leisure. That car was a good investment!!
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Re: a/c

Originally posted by freshtiva
        347,000 miles!!!? How is that car doing? Have you owned it long? I'm inspired. It should be retired to live its remaining life in leisure. That car was a good investment!!
        I bought it new! It's still runs great. I work offshore and drive to La. every 2 weeks (about 650 mi. 1 way), it runs 70/75 all day without a hitch. Keep oil & filters changed regularly. Timing belt every 60K. The deer incident is the only major thing since I bought her.

Comment

High mileage

That's a great testament to the festiva ( and you ) hope you drive it forever!!
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

festiva

my festiva is the best used car i purchased. only $175.00 for a water pump job in 6 years. I'm 46 years old and i have had a lot of cars in the past.

Comment

UPDATE ON A/C & 347,000

I found the illusive wire for the a/c compressor. It was there all along, sticking about 2" out of the wiring harness with a female spade connection on it. What had me puzzled was the wire on the compressor didn't have any kind of connection on the end of it. Apparently the male portion must have been ripped off during the encounter with the deer. So now I have cold air again.
              Also, the miles will be 350,000 after this trip home from the Gulf Coast. Still going strong!!

Comment

Working...
              X