CV axle question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV axle question...

I haven't been on here a while, but I was hoping that you guys can help me out with my problem...

Tonight, my CV axle snapped on my way home from the movies...At least I think it's the CV axle (I'm not too familiar with FWDs). The front right wheel camber is now way in, and when you kick it the tire can move inward. Is it the CV axle? The front left tire is still in place, which I assume is the drive wheel.

I have a spare axle in the garage, but it's most likely from the previous transmission. I have the Ford Aspire transmission. I just wanted to know is this axle compatible with the Aspire tranny?
    "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
    --Anonymous

Axles are not compatible if its from the ford aspire, but festiva axles do work in the aspires trans. make sure a rusted bolt for the balljoint or strut didn't give way. if you were able to drive home it probably wasn't the axle. kicking the tire wont push the axle in and out, that sounds kinda weird. Get it up in the air and take pics. you probably wont need to take pics for us once you remove the wheel as it will all explain itself im sure. Good luck and hope its not a rust issue for you too if a lot needs to come apart.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Its not an axle. Steer the car while its sitting still, make sure both wheels steer. If not, its a tie rod. My guess is broken ball joint or control arm, though.

Comment

Control arm/ball joint broke.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
        X