Coolant Temperature Sensor - aspire compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Temperature Sensor - aspire compatibility

Anyone knows if Coolant Temperature Sensor (the one for the fan) is compatible between festiva (93) and any aspire?

I am hitting the YJ tomorrow for some other stuff so was wondering if Aspire sensor would help my fan

PS: broader question - how much compatible are the engines in general between F and A?
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

1). you want the fan switch , not the temp sensor if your having issues with your fan. it's the larger "sensor" on the t-stat housing.

2). there are no A series engines in mazda, just F, and they won't mate up and are LARGE. wiki mazda b series engines and that should clue you into what's going on here.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i think he meant F= festiva and A= aspire
      -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
      -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by russian View Post
        PS: broader question - how much compatible are the engines in general between F and A?
        Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        there are no A series engines in mazda, just F, and they won't mate up and are LARGE. wiki mazda b series engines and that should clue you into what's going on here.
        This what happens when someone is asking a question and can't be bothered to spell out the specifics.

Arty, in his short hand, I believe A=Aspire and F=Festiva. But, it is possible I have misinterpreted his question as well.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Looks like festivBS beat me too it!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

my fault with A and F - it was totally about Aspire and Festiva

so, is it the same fan switch on Festiva mazda B-series engine and Aspire mazda B-series engine?
            rusEfi - DIY ECU
            93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

I there are two different sizes of temp. gauge sensors. When I put an Aspire engine in my '89, my old one wouldn't fit. (bigger threads on newer model) I had to replace it because the donor Aspire had an idiot light. It may be the right size in '90 and up Festy's, I don't know. Maybe someone else has run into this.

Comment

I was looking for one a month or two ago at the junkyard. I would have grabbed one from the Aspire there but there was something obviously different about it so I didn't grab it.

If you leave it unplugged, the fan will run constantly. Temp fix.
                -Zack
                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                  If you leave it unplugged, the fan will run constantly. Temp fix.
                  thanks for the idea!
                  rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                    ...I would have grabbed one from the Aspire there but there was something obviously different about it so I didn't grab it...
                    The "something obvious difference" was that there is no independant fan switch on an aspire, because they stopped using that 3rd water temp sensor/sender concept on the aspire engines, the fan function is controlled by the ecm from 94 on. The ecm takes it's cue from the the ecm water temp sensor like always, but now it's smart enough do do the additional task of turning on the rad. fan when required. Now only the one sensor/sender for the ecm, the other for the gauge.
                    Last edited by iceracerdude; 05-22-2011, 06:13 AM.
                    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                    X