wouldn't it be my luck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wouldn't it be my luck...

...the day before i head out to Ohiostiva, my 93 Sport decides to throw an 08 code... VAF. I have a spare, so i swap it out... no joy. I RE-check the EGI fuse link (pull it on and off a few times to clean the connections)... JOY!!! Runs perfect. Swap back to the old VAF and JOY again! problem solved right? NOPE. After running for less than 10 min (engine is now up to temp) and moving it to shuffle cars around, i get the light again...

I just got hit with a storm so i had to stop but i'll have to try that other VAF again and see what happens when the engine get up to temp. oh and i swapped the EGI link for a cartrige fuse.

gonna go put my nose in a manual some more...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

you better stop it right now mister .... stop this foolish talk....get the damn thing fixed....now!!!
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

UMADBRO? 0_0

Hope you figure it out...
      1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
      Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
      daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
      A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Geez, I was expecting a tree to come into play, somewhere in that story.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
          Geez, I was expecting a tree to come into play, somewhere in that story.
          lol, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the title of the thread and that Arty posted it!
          Amazing Amanda

Comment

i have 2 words for you Scott, the first one isn't nice to say and the other is "you" lol

ok so storm is over, car cooled down. runs perfect, great! so i take a burn down the highway to get it warm and then sit in a parking lot to get it up to temp. still perfect, and this is with the original VAF... i think i had a weak connection at the Vaf plug pins, i give up. i'll be in the sport and to ohio one way or another with a second VAf just in case.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

so no tree action... I was looking forward to another strip party!
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                i have 2 words for you Scott, the first one isn't nice to say and the other is "you" lol
                How subtle
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Ha! I just saw this. Well, Arty made it fine to Ohiostiva and apparently had a good time and no car problems, at least until he got back to Area 241.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^^ I agree. Still working out in my head what that first word might be.:p

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

So it wasn't just the bad vaf plug connection. The stick must not have worked.
                      -Bryant

Comment

I bet his first word is "dag-nabbit." Or maybe "gol-durned." I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

no, the majic stick worked wonders (and still is), and i recorded 42.74 mpg on the last fillup.

Comment

^^ Hahaha! I was wondering if that was yours in the pic with the stick! LOL
                            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                            X