Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 festy 230k just started ticking from lower end... Can I just.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 festy 230k just started ticking from lower end... Can I just.......

I want to keep it stock....... As for now. Maybe later on down the road a swap but i'd like to keep the good mpg's. I was wondering that if its the rod bearings thats being disfunctional( fingers crossed) I could just throw some fresh ones in there? I know its not the best but its not smoking or nothing. I just want run it up n down the road n keep the miles off my other cars. Its not being driven . I just hope its not the wrist pin. Or does anyone have a good block or long block for sale? Im in CT

Has anyone changed rod bearings in the car n got away with it???

Comment

I've done it on 2, but both cranks were in excellent condition and measured well within their service limits.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

when you blip the throtle, does the noise get really agressive for a second as the engine loads up or does it stay fairly constant? can you post a video?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

To me it sounds like a valve thats really loose.... But its coming out of the bottom end. With the miles I have on it and no previous owner maintence records its possible. Ive never had a wrist pin go bad in any of my motors to know what it sounds like. Im not sure how to post vids hear.. I could youtube it and post the list. Is that how you guys do it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Agro View Post
            To me it sounds like a valve thats really loose.... But its coming out of the bottom end. With the miles I have on it and no previous owner maintence records its possible. Ive never had a wrist pin go bad in any of my motors to know what it sounds like. Im not sure how to post vids hear.. I could youtube it and post the list. Is that how you guys do it ?
            Ya that works too.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

If the engine has to be taken out of vehicle to measure the crank, you should have the whole thing gone thru. With unknown service history there could be a lot of junk everywhere, and that's not even addressing the head and valves.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

It doesnt need to come out . I can mic each rod journal while its in the car. I'll do it this evening and go from there. If it looks beat I will just pull it and give it love the right way.... Was just trying to avoid the overhaul as the body is in rough shape. I bought the car for the gas mileage not for its looks. I had just fixed the wiring mess fired it up and took it for a ride and 10 mins later the ticking started so..... We'll see how this goes. I have to get this thing on the road either way because the fuel mileage from my truck is killing me.

Comment

The noise was coming from my sloppy #4 wrist pin. The bearings on the other hand looked good for having a quarter of a million miles on them! Well I found a donor. Picking it up tomorrow. I geuss this motor is for sale if anyone wants it. As soon as it started making noise I instantly shut it off. If anyone needs any parts pm me.

Comment

Working...
                  X