X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wire's what?!

Hi all,
    Currently installing new stereo/speakers etc,
    Please please could someone post up a pic or drawing of ignition barrell showing which wires are what?
    I need;
    -constant 12v source
    -accessories 12v source

Any other info or advice appreciated

Cheers!
    60% of the time it works, every time!

Constant = Wht/red
    ACC = Blu/Yel
    LR- Grn/red
    LF- Blu/Org
    RR- Grn/yel
    RF- Blu/Blk
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Forgive me, is the constant a white AND red wire? Or a white OR red wire? Same goes for acc...
      :s

Comment

Second color x/red is the stripe color. White with a red stripe , so on.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

The 6 wires I have on the end of the ignition barrel opposite key hole end (1989 mazda 121 B3mcarb) are from top left black/blue, blue/red, white, white, black/purple, black/white...
          Hope this helps.
          Open to suggestions for other constant/accs to tap into but really wanted to do it all as proper as possible

Comment

Get a test light and probe your fuse panel below the steering column. Find one that is ~12 all the time (key on, in acc, and off) this will be your constant. Then do the same thing to find one with ~12 when the key is in acc or on, that is your switched. Simply put a wire around the prong of the fuse and push it back in. Make sure the prong you wrap it around is on the side opposite of the power otherwise you could cause damage to your wiring harness or head unit. Hope this helps!
            The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
            89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
              Get a test light and probe your fuse panel below the steering column. Find one that is ~12 all the time (key on, in acc, and off) this will be your constant. Then do the same thing to find one with ~12 when the key is in acc or on, that is your switched. Simply put a wire around the prong of the fuse and push it back in. Make sure the prong you wrap it around is on the side opposite of the power otherwise you could cause damage to your wiring harness or head unit. Hope this helps!
              Or get one of these fuse taps: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=32414
              Rick
              1993 Ford Festiva
              1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
              1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
              2000 Ford E350

Comment

A install kit from a 92 suzuki sidekick was a almost direct plug and play on my festiva. I had to hardwire the hot and ground but for the speaker output it plugged right in.

Advanced auto here in the US has plug and play kits for the festiva.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Done and done, manages to fish out the very well hidden stock loom. Am now powered, accessoried and earthed! Cant wait to see what she sounds like, clarion 4" in the dash and cdt audio 5.25" in the door from a kenwood deck. Pity the rest of the cars still in pieces and have no battery yet

Thanks a bunch for ya help guys!!

Comment

Working...
                  X