what's the difference???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the difference???

Having used the search many a time without any decisive evidence to my answer, what is the difference between the heater core in a non a/c car and one that came with or in which A/C was added, I recently bought an A/C system from 91mcnasty to install in my moms car, and it didn't come with a heater core, so my question is do I need a A/C specific heater core or can I modify the existing one to work with the A/C system I have, also, I don't know whether my A/C acquired from Kaleb (91mcnasty) is factory or dealer, are there any tell tale signs?
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

the a/c system was an add on to the standard HVAC system, there's no differance in the heater cores as the air plenums are seperate from eachother.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

so what do I need to do to add it to my existing heater core (have everything but the crank pulley that I need to send off for..... STILL.... after I get paid)
      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
      Projects in the works:
      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

The evaporator installs behind the glove box. You have to remove the long thin walled plastic duct located there. The evaporator housing connects to the inlet damper housing to the right and is coupled to the rest of the HVAC system via a round steel tube. If that wasn't included with the A/C system you have then you can cut the end off the duct work you removed and use that instead. As far as I know, the evaporator is the same in factory or dealer installed setups.

Comment

Working...
        X