tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank

can u,flush a gas tank,by draining tank,then pour a gallon of fresh gas in,and reflush? should u,change filter sock,on pump,or put a new pump,and sock on, or,just flush twice? mdoyleufo@gmail.com

From the top you can look inside with a flashlight if you remove the pump assembly. the tank removal isnt that hard to do either and then you can clean it out any number of ways with it off the car
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Taking the tank off is super easy. I took off the old one, put on the new one and replaced all the hoses in only a few hours.

To remove the tank: First relieve pressure in the system if you have an EFI model. I did so by removing the rear left tail light panel (*edit: interior grey panel covering the rear shock mount and light, not the light itself*) and disconnecting the switch back there. Sorry, I don't remember what it's called... Remove the rear seat and rear left interior panel of the car, peel back the carpet. remove the three access plates that cover the tank hoses/fuel pump (two for filler hoses, one for fuel pump I believe). Disconnect the hoses and fuel pump wires from the tank. Support the tank from underneath with a jack, probably put a piece of plywood or something in between the two to prevent scratching/dents. Undo all the nuts/bolts holding the tank on. Depending on your exhaust set up it's easy to angle the tank out at this point. Clean the tank out, but DON't fill it yet obviously. Reinstallation is reverse of removal.

Obviously this is MUCH easier to do if the tank is empty/drained.
      Last edited by Beans; 06-03-2011, 11:37 AM.
      1993 Festiva L - "Thor"

More cheers more beers, that's it that's all.

Comment

Working...
      X