Front Passenger Caliper sticking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Passenger Caliper sticking?

Has anyone had this problem? I am considering just getting a replacement, but I wanted to consider other problems too, could the proportioning valve or master cylinder have anything to do with this? The pads on this side are wearing very quickly and a lot of heat is building up in the wheel. One other question: could I keep the 12" rims if I decide to do the brake swap?
    4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

I've had one stick before. Just get a new one and a new set of pads.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

you may just need to lube the slider bolts.

does your caliper piston compress easily?

Comment

caliper trouble

I'm sure if you take the pass. side tire off and take a look you'll find the problem. Something has just frozen up enough to cause the draggin disc.
        Take things apart enough to see how things work,clean and lube the sliding parts and you'll be back in business. If the pads look badly worn their cheap to replace.As Mechanicaldj stated, your piston should be free enough to be pushed back into the caliper assembly. Can take some force thou. I've use a C-clamp to help out. Good-Luck

Comment

Yeah I've done the brakes a couple times before and no its not sticky caliper bolts they're thoroughly greased.... the passenger side already wore down once in like 8k and I warranty replaced the pads and re-greased etc... I just wanted to get some input because somewhere along the line someone mentioned a proportioning valve to me, I didn't really think so but with all the high mileage festivas here we could probably make a top ten list of things that go bad on a festiva first :wink:
          4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

festivas have a combonation valve that incorporates the proportioning valve and the main metering valve.

it rarely goes bad.

Comment

Working...
            X