Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering Rack Rbber Boot.....which other will fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Rack Rbber Boot.....which other will fit??

The steering rack boot is torn on the 93 festy. Can`t find one anywhere at the parts dealers.....prolly due to the age of the car. I can get a whole new rack, but that is pretty spendy just for a torn boot.

Is there one from another car that may fit.....even reasonably well? Mazda? Honda? Subaru?

I don't know for sure but I'd guess maybe an early (86-89) mazda 323. I believe they share the same frame width and have similar steering/suspension setups. Also might try searching for them for the Aspire, though if it doesn't show festy likely it won't show aspire either.
    Last edited by htchbck; 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Get some universal shock boots from autozone or something....I have lime green on mine!
      Edit: Here's some on ebay...
      http://tinyurl.com/3gzvzqe
      Last edited by lanemeyer14; 06-09-2011, 09:07 AM.
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I was thinking of boots for an Assfire.......thanks.
        Shock boots might work, good tip!

Was hoping somebody has already discovered a direct fit from another application.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
          I don't know for sure but I'd guess maybe an early (86-89) mazda 323. I believe they share the same frame width and have similar steering/suspension setups. Also might try searching for them for the Aspire, though if it doesn't show festy likely it won't show aspire either.

Yes, I order the 1st Gen 323 boots when I rebuild the steering racks. They are about $16 each. Advance can order them for you. You can also purchase them from Rock Auto online.
          Last edited by kartracer46; 06-09-2011, 09:20 AM.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

NCP 2691555

Napa PN for the 323. A little pricey from Napa, but you can probably use that number at other stores to cross reference and find something cheaper.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I just researched online, and discovered the a Mazdz 323 with power steering, from 89-98 is the same part number as the festy......... Got it on order.

Hope this helps others.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                NCP 2691555

Napa PN for the 323. A little pricey from Napa, but you can probably use that number at other stores to cross reference and find something cheaper.

Thanks! We posted at the same time, lol.

Comment

I have universal shock boots on mine. They're like 3 bucks at O'Reilly. Mine are electric blue LOL
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                  X