Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic site belt

hey
    I have problem for my automatic belts on driver site, belts closing when the door are open, when I move hand lanes to the open position when turns the ignition key belts is automatically closed and do not want to open, where is problem??

You're saying the automatic belt never moves from the closed position, even when the door is open?

When you do move it by hand and open the door, it goes back to the closed position?

I would check the door latch and make sure the switch inside it is working to let the seatbelt control box know the door is either opened or closed.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

That is what mine did. Found out someone replaced the door latch with a latch from a manual belt car. Put the proper latch on and it worked perfectly.
      -Bryant

Comment

How do I check that the latch works properly what is the current value is sent to the driver? Do you have a belt diagram?

Comment

I'm sure it either closes a circuit between two wires or gives ground to the control box under the driver's seat.

I'll look for my service manual, not sure if it has the seatbelt wiring diagram.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

having the same problem in mine, I just really don't feel like taking my interior panel off, not that I can't do it, I just honestly don't want to
            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
            Projects in the works:
            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Working...
            X