How to : ID motor and trannys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to : ID motor and trannys

I just got 2 festivas and a bunch of stock and aftermarket parts due to a friends death. I was going through everything and man there is some nice stuff here kinda excited to startd the project. Mt question is how to I ID what motor and tranny I have. I have 3 trannys, 2 complete motors, 1 head, and 1 block. I know 1 is a festiva setups but the others could be 323 engine or trans since he used to have one he parted out. Is there anything stamping or anything on the stuff to help me??

Thanks guys tried searching but just found info on all items no identifing info.

I had the same ?'s a while back and I posted pics as well. Got some really fast helpful answers cause ff.com members really like PICS. No male nudity though!
    -Bryant

Comment

The engine blocks should have a stamp on the (IIRC) right rear tab near where the block and head meet. B3's and B6's are stamped "B3" and "B6". I'm thinking BP's are stamped "BP" but don't hold me to that... it's been quite a while since I looked at one.

Heads have a casting number on the side. B3's are "B301". Don't remember what's on the B6 but I'm currently building one so I can check.

I'm not sure what's on others like the BP or B6D but I'm sure someone else will have that info they can post up.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Well I am sure they are all either b3 or b6 engines. Thanks Ill check the block. Sorry no pics was in a rush getting crap out of his garage had a quick deadline so everything ended up piled in mine.

Trannys you can pretty much count the input shaft right? B3-18 spline,B6- 20 spline

Comment

I'm not sure out the numbers stamped on transmissions but here's a link to a thread that should help you out. It has the numbers and spline counts for the 3 most popular gearboxes used for swaps.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11540
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
          X