Bleed Cooling System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleed Cooling System

Quick question, how do I bleed the cooling sytem?

i know some cars it can be a pain to bleed, but for the festy i would just top it off and let it warm up, there will always be some air in the system, it will eventually find its way to the top of the radiator, just my .02

Comment

Jack up the right front, to encourage the bubbles rise to the rad cap opening; then take the cap off and start the motor. Put the cap back on just before it overflows.

Or just park sideways on a slope with the right front tire being the highest tire, then open the rad cap (only with cold coolant of course).
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

thanks i'll try it tomarrow, its starting to get dark.

Comment

I usually just fill them up, fire it up and let it run until the thermostat opens (while keeping a close eye on the temp gauge), and then after it cools down I top it off and check the reservoir level.

Depending on the thermostat in your car, it could have a "jiggle pin" that lets some of the trapped air past the thermostat. The factory one has it IIRC and the Fail Safe ones I use have it as well.

Just like Hot Wheels said, I've never really had an issue with air pockets on a stock Festy motor.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Ok thats cool. I'll just try to get whatever I can out of it and then I guess it'll be alrite. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X