fusible link/ wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fusible link/ wiring

So I let me friend borrow my battery I went to start after he put my battery back and no power. Check connections all good. Thought it was fusible link replaced with 40a fuse and it starts but as soon as it starts it blows the fuse and my battery doesn't charge. The friend who watched him put the battery back and said he may have tappedwires on the wrong terminals, what should I check/ how? Any help appreciated
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Sounds like your friend owes you a new battery.

Comment

Battery is fine I think

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Take the battery to Mcparts and have a load test done, then you will know if good or not.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

That don't explain why I keep blowing fuses

Comment

Mckabe the Battery isvery low on charge.The Alt is capable of putting out more current than the links can handle. Bench charge the battery & then install it. You'll be fine-
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
            X