Rear wheel passed me while driving need parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel passed me while driving need parts

so, some what related,...... i was roaring down the road in my 88. and the right rear wheel passed me up, after causing a violent jerk and noise that followed, my rear end was draggin on the ground. it looks like the wheel (with lug nuts) and the drum came off. does any one know where to find the parts? i think i need the spindle, and im sure a few other parts. obviously, i couldnt find all the parts that flew off. im having a little trouble locating replacement parts!! thx for any help!
    BeachStiva

Spindle and threads may or may not be fine.

Can bet your backing plate is in need of replacement.
    And of course your bearing will need replaced.
    If you can get a castellated nut off an Aspire and drill the spindle, if its still ok so you can use the nut from the Aspire.
    The Spindles from the Aspire will not fit.
    If you need a new spindle place a [WTB] and I'm sure some one can help you.
    THey may even have the pre-drilled spindle with the castellated nut if your lucky.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Sucks to hear. The same thing almost happened to me. I got "lucky" and the bearing seized to the spindle. I was able to save the spindle with a press and grind the bearing surface down enough to get it to work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn that sounds terrible..where are the pics!!????
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

replacements should all be NEW except for the washer and spindle. finding the washer may prove difficult, BUT one can be manufactured by machining a lagbolt washer or something of similar size.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

replace the whole rear axle with an Aspire one....and while you are at it....do the front hubs too.
            Welcome to the site...sorry this had to be your first post.
            Take a moment and add your location to your profile. Someone may be close enough to help.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
            X