Festiva rear drums to Disc brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva rear drums to Disc brakes

Can anyone advise me on the Festiva rear brake swap from drums to discs. Is there any rear disc brakes that will bolt straight over to swap from rear drum brakes. Or perhaps theres a rear disc swap that wont require a lot of mods. The 93 festiva i bought had the Aspire front disc swap, i would like to have disc brakes at the rear as well.. Any leads and advice will be most helpful. I have been told that depending which vehicle i use , i may also need to change the master cylinder, proportionate valve and brake booster. So what im looking for is a swap set-up where i may be able to change over to rear discs without having to also shift over too much other stuff if thats possible.Many thanks for the tips and advice so far. Im looking to complete this job within thesenext few weeks if i can.

It's been done with an XR2. No guide, but heres the thread.
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Gotcha. will follow thru and see how things go. Thanks for the quick reply. I also got some info from a very sharp festiva owner (Karl) that got the ball rolling. Thanks for the tips and info.

Comment

i think the best bet is to get some brackets made and use the egt brakes, no one has completed the swap yet, be the first and write it up for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
          no one has completed the swap yet, be the first and write it up for us!
          This has been done before. Just not so common. bhazard just bought a 85% complete setup from me and I am sure he has it nearly done by now if it isn't already on and runnin.
          -Bryant

Comment

Working...
          X