Headlight buzzer with a stock cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight buzzer with a stock cluster

Last summer on my daily driver I left my lights on all day and ran the battery down. When I got home I put in my spare tach cluster so I'd have a warning buzzer. Now I need that cluster for my turbo car and I'm giving the daily driver to my daughter in the near future.

I don't want her driving without that buzzer cause I know she will forget the lights and I'll have to deal with it.

Is there any way to install a buzzer with the stock cluster?

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

I suppose you could figure a way to make it work if you were an electrical engineer, but look at it this way - orange tachs usually go for less than a battery on eBay, and even if it saves you one trip to rescue your daughter with a dead battery, that alone is worth the price of the extra tach. White tachs are about the same price as a battery.

Disclaimer: I have no tachs for sale on eBay!

Comment

why don't you install a battery tender or similar?

it will shut off the the battery current before it gets too low ,

so she can pop the hood, flip a switch, and start the car without a problem, if she were to drain the battery by accident.

Comment

two of my friends festivas have a buzzer wired in through the fuse panel, i think it was a dealer option or dealer installed thing caus i just pulled the same buzzer off of a car in the junkyard, ill let you know th wiring once i look at my friends car to wire in mine.
        1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
        89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
        and bring some timing too........

Comment

This is one thing I love about my 4 speed Festiva. If ever I run the battery down I can always push start it and dump the clutch .
          keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

Comment

OLDEST THREAD ALERT
            I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to make a headlight warning yet.
            I have left my lights on twice overnight. The problem is that I turn them on in the day when its dark overcast or rainy so people can see my tiny car. A second problem is that a light bulb has no minimum voltage and will drain the system dry.....
            This problem became more severe a couple of days ago when both my car and truck were dead. I have a 400W inverter wired directly to the battery in my truck, and it draws a steady current even when off for the 5V DC USB port (which is where my Bluetooth is plugged in). I don't drive my truck often enough to keep the charge up. This has happened before but not at the same time as the car.
            Luckily the neighbor let me borrow his battery charger.
            Today I wired in a switched relay for the inverter so I can disconnect it for long periods of sitting.

Now.
            To make an idiot alert for the headlights.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

WOW! Good question.You had to do some serious digging to find this one. But Im gonna have to throw the flag because its over 4 yrs old.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                OLDEST THREAD ALERT
                I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to make a headlight warning yet.
                We have installed a bunch of the little buzzers that attach underneath the fuses. Any parts house should know what you need, they are very cheap as well.
                Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                X