No announcement yet.

Just chugging along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mean these little guys?? (They are smaller then they look in the picture)

'93 L Green

"Yes sweety, it is a (removed by request)box.. but it's my (removed by request)box, and I love it."

Comment

yup!!!
      that's what I mean.
      tape 'em up and see what happens.
      I've got my whole flexible section taped now and it runs good again.
      I have black electrical tape over the duct tape to make it look better than the grey color of the other tape.
      Hopefully it works for you also.
      How many KM on your car???
      Computer is sending the fuel in for the mix as to the reading from the sensor on the airbox and since the engine is sucking more air than that, in a place after the sensor reading, it is stumbling...sooooo easy, who would have guessed???
      8)

Comment

I just reached 170000km. I'll be taping 'er up tomarrow then, and hopefully that'll do it. Or maybe I'll drive to amigo's and pick a used part. Thanks again
        '93 L Green

"Yes sweety, it is a (removed by request)box.. but it's my (removed by request)box, and I love it."

Comment

Why don't you just build a intake, shouldn't cost to much more than buying a used intake.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

i had the same violent chugging in my car, i replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires, dist., coil, igniter from a known working car, and this morning im warming the car up and it cuts out and dies, wont start again? im gonna test the fuel pump next. im stumped on both the idling and the no start.
            1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
            89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
            and bring some timing too........

Comment

I taped that flexible pipe up pretty good and it's still chugging hard.. I'm getting fed up with it. I'll have to check out everything the haynes manual suggests, starting with the easy moving to the harder.

Edit. While reading anothe post, a guy said he was missing a screw on his air filter which he figures is causing him idle grief... I'm also missing a screw, maybe it's that easy?!? I'll put a screw in tomarrow and let you guys know.
              '93 L Green

Comment

Working...
              X