A few questions for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions for you guys

So got a completly stock 91 festiva and when i am drivin around sometimes it will turn the check engine light on and i push the clutch in and rev it a little it turns off. So i was thinkin maybe a O2 sensor. It seems to run a little rich to. You can really smell the extra fuel in the exhaust is there any way of adjusting the air/fuel for it.

Also on my way home the othere day i noticed that a fuel injector was ticking louder than ussally. They all had a very quite tick but the one was louder than the rest. So i was thinkin of replacing them and buying new ones any recomendations for good fuel injectors, or fixing the ticking sound they make.

If hitting the gas pedal clears your check engine light, maybe the TPS is the problem, only way to know for sure is get a code reader

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

No code reader needed, just ground the single plug near the brake M/C and count the flashes made by the CEL. Just make sure you pick the correct one, there's another that's 12v!! Ask my wife how she knows, LOL!!
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

OK well i had another TCS on another motor i had in the shop i changed it cause the one seemed a little worn out that plastic peice in there was a lot more wobbely than the other one so change them and seems to work. But what about my noisy injector? should i but new and if where at? I want good fuel injectors, or should i just not worry about it.

Comment

There is a set of reman injectors on ebay right now that will fit and a $109 for the set is a good deal.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Or why not post a [WTB] ad on here for a set of injectors? Probably be a lot cheaper

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Are you sure it's injectors that are clicking? Check your oil level lately? Maybe the HLAs are thirsty.
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Oil level is fine its the injectors used one of those things that doctors use to listen with i can't remeber what they are called it has really slipped my mind. but any ways thats where it was pin pointed the sound to. I didn't think of a WTB ad i want new ones i don't really want to buy used ones. I have used ones on my spare motor. do you guys think it would be fine just to takes those ones off that engine has about 50k on it vs. the one i have now with 175k on it

Comment

I used some off another motor I had with no problem. They are still running with no noise.
                  I'd try it before I bought another set. Just my .02 worth.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

You might send you spare injectors out to be sonic cleaned and metered before installing them. That way you get rid of one variable.

Oh, and this is my nursie with her "stethoscope."

She's gonna give me a shot in a moment...
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^^^ Karl, after the shots will she be administering the suppositories that are on that tray? lol

Oh, and X2 about getting the spare injectors cleaned before installing. That way you only have to do it once
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

SUPPOSITORIES?!

She told me that was candy!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                          X