OEM-sound muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM-sound muffler?

Has anyone here found a straight-through style muffler or at least something with the end coming out of the middle of the muffler that is quiet enough to be used as an OEM replacement? I'd like to put an exhaust tip on my car without it looking too much like I "riced it out." The 'S' angle keeps me from being able to put a nice tip on the end of the exhaust without looking like some really bad Suzuki exhaust tips that I've seen.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

thrush turbo II should fit the bill, nice and mellow.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've got a Harley-Davidson Panhead muffler on mine. It's not overly loud and doesn't sound too bad. Plus they're pretty easy to find
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

The new Fiat 500 muffler looks like it would fit the Festiva nicely. A red one passed me on the way home this afternoon.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

PAP sells mufflers for $5, I just walked around until I found one, it was on a 250k+ Stanza. It was a replacement muffler, about 3" longer than the replacement muffler it replaced (which had all the guts blown out of it.) I had it welded on in about an hour.
          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

bosal

I will be installing a straight through Bosal muffler which I got on sale at Performance Improvements speed shop. I will have to first pass the Drive Clean vehicle inspection and then install my headers. I will cut off the steel supports and buy some stainless rod from Metal Supermarket to replace them. It would be too loud without a resonator.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 07-03-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
              PAP sells mufflers for $5, I just walked around until I found one, it was on a 250k+ Stanza. It was a replacement muffler, about 3" longer than the replacement muffler it replaced (which had all the guts blown out of it.) I had it welded on in about an hour.
              Looks like an option. We have LKQ and some other small yards. I'll see what I can find.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
              X