89 fuel injection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 fuel injection issue

Ok, daughter and I got the motor in and running, but it wont idle. I look at the fuel rail and it is dripping fuel. So I twisted the fuel injector in number 2 cylinder and it starts pissing fuel out CRAZY. I shut the fuel pump off and pulled the rail to find there was no O ring on the fuel rail side of the injector like the other three.

So I am heading up to autostoned to get the top orings, but is there a "spacer" or oring of something that goes on the intake side of the injector?

Right now they are easy to move up and down and twist around with the fuel rail tight.
    88 Smaller Hauler

Yes there are o-rings on the top where it goes in the rail. Parts stores can get those easily. But there are also seals on the bottom where they go into the intake. Parts stores sometimes have an issue of getting those correct. If you have issues there are a few places that you can order them.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Oriellys had them as a set for $2.50 so I bought four sets to replace all eight pieces. I can post a part number once I get them in the morning and make sure they are right.
      88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

Working...
      X