B6T boo boo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T boo boo!!!

i took my b6t festiva down to "cruise the gut" on saturday night, it is a huge local car show where you bring your car and cruise up and down main street downtown, thousands of people turn out. i got alot of attention having the only festiva there and one of the few turbo'd cars.

ANYWAYS... the car ran like a dream on the way there, i parked it and walked around for a few hours, came back to my car and it wont idle and it barely runs. it will idle fine and then drop down to like 100 rpms like its gonna die then it revs back up, my vacuum gauge is only reading 10 now and my wideband says it was really rich the whole time.

my first thought was a vacuum leak i checked all my hoses and pipes couldnt find one, my next thought was my maf, maybe my meter went bad? my last thought was fuel pump, but you can here it working and it runs fine when its not idling. btw now my car wont even stay running on its own, it died 3 times before i could move it today.

Any Thoughts?

check your plugs/wires, distributor
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
      check your plugs/wires, distributor
      i just replaced my plugs and wires, it could be my dist. im gonna have a friend come over tonight and were gonna try a few thing, Thanks mental

Comment

Mine has a cold natured start issue...i think it is fuel pressure drop off in the line to the tank. Once mine starts and runs, it idles fine and runs like a banshee..
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i got a bunch of new stuff for the car, new plugs (they were extremely fouled after only about 50 miles of use), rx7 maf, a new baromic sensor thingy, i checked my cap and rotor they look fine.

the car idles fine, just a little rich, when you drive the car it hesitates really bad, my wideband reads extremely rich and it feels like maybe im missing on a cylinder.

Any Ideas before i start throwing more money at the car???????

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about these motors but what about an O2 sensor in the exhaust causing it to dump too much fuel in the cylinders.
            1921 Model T
            1940 Ford
            1960 F600 Fire Truck
            1963 Ford Falcon drag car
            1964 Ford Falcon Futura
            1964 1/2 Ford Mustang
            1966 Ford F100
            1973 Kenworth K100 Cabover 903CID Cummins
            1976 F650 Dump Truck
            1978 F150
            1980 F350 Pulling Truck
            1988 Ford Mustang GT
            1990 Ford Mustang LX
            1992 Ford Festiva
            1992 Dodge D350 Cummins
            2000 Ford F350 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke

You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.-Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by links56 View Post
              I don't know a whole lot about these motors but what about an O2 sensor in the exhaust causing it to dump too much fuel in the cylinders.
              i thought about that, i tested my o2 sensor with a dvom and it appears to be functioning correctly, im gonna try to dig one up and replace it and see what happens. Thanks alot links56

Comment

Is your BOV recirc or atmosphere?

I heard that Atmosphere BOV's make the car run rich.
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

When you went away to see the other cars , did you let the hood open? Maybe some punk unplugged something??

Comment

Originally posted by KB Motors View Post
                    i got a bunch of new stuff for the car, new plugs (they were extremely fouled after only about 50 miles of use), rx7 maf, a new baromic sensor thingy, i checked my cap and rotor they look fine.

the car idles fine, just a little rich, when you drive the car it hesitates really bad, my wideband reads extremely rich and it feels like maybe im missing on a cylinder.

Any Ideas before i start throwing more money at the car???????
                    ding, ding, ding!!!! You just ID'd several potential sources! If your plugs are fouled after only 50 miles, you are running fat pig - rich! But, you already knew that, because of your wideband. You need to look for the source of the over-enrichment. Very first thing I would suspect is the RX-7 vaf. Do you have a PCM calibration (Rocket Chip, etc.) to deal with change in vaf voltage? the vaf DIRECTLY affects fuel delivery, much more so than the O2 sensor. The O2 just trims the fuel delivery, the vaf provides the info for the target range.

You most likely are experiencing a miss. Fuel fouling will short the ground and center electrodes to each other.
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Try the vaf that came with it, and for smashed or exposed wirings. I yanked too hard on vam wires and the car gave me a lot of attitude before i tracked it down.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
                        When you went away to see the other cars , did you let the hood open? Maybe some punk unplugged something??
                        the thought had crossed me head that someone may have messed with my car, a few people came over and looked at the motor when i parked it but i closed the hood when i walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                          ding, ding, ding!!!! You just ID'd several potential sources! If your plugs are fouled after only 50 miles, you are running fat pig - rich! But, you already knew that, because of your wideband. You need to look for the source of the over-enrichment. Very first thing I would suspect is the RX-7 vaf. Do you have a PCM calibration (Rocket Chip, etc.) to deal with change in vaf voltage? the vaf DIRECTLY affects fuel delivery, much more so than the O2 sensor. The O2 just trims the fuel delivery, the vaf provides the info for the target range.

You most likely are experiencing a miss. Fuel fouling will short the ground and center electrodes to each other.
                          i have a reich racing ecu, i was having these problems before i changed to an rx7 vaf, thats why i got a different one. ill try putting my stock one on again this weekend and try to lean out the mixture a bit with it a see what that does. Thanks alot for your help

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                            Is your BOV recirc or atmosphere?

I heard that Atmosphere BOV's make the car run rich.
                            It only causes a slightly more rich mixture after you blow off because the air is metered air unless you have a blow through setup where you meter the air on the compressed air side. Basically the car thinks there is more air so puts more fuel but you dumped the air into the atmosphere. Leaving you with a little extra fuel.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Check main grounds.
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X