cooling fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan not working

Ok so I've searched and searched, and can't find my problem.

I first unplugged my fan and put direct power to it, and it spun, so I knew my fan wasn't shot.

I turned the key on and unplugged that sensor on the thermo housing, nothing happened.

I then replaced the relay with another used one, and still nothing...

I'm not sure what to look at next. Please help, my car don't like this heat.
    -Josh R

1. Wire up a toggle switch so you can control the fan from inside the car.
    2. Wire up the fan so it is on permanently, when the ignition is on.
    3. Turn off motor when car is idling; at a stoplight, for instance. Coast in neutral as much as possible to minimize the heat the motor is producing.
    4. Turn on heater fan (with heat selector switch to hot of course!) and open windows, to bleed heat away from the radiator. Have heat come out the defrost vents to minimize the heat you will feel.

All these are temporary fixes, but they all work.
    Last edited by TominMO; 07-19-2011, 09:42 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I know you did but ,,ck the fuse . The start searching for the broken wire ...
      New build on the way .

Comment

I will double check the fuse, I might just toggle switch it.
        -Josh R

Comment

I guess original relay went bad. I priced a replacement relay and it was silly high priced. Did same thing as a universal relay, but had terminals in different place. So just got universal relay like you would buy for fog lights or aftermarket horn. Came with plug in base with stub wires sticking out bottom. Loads of websites with nice directions on how to wire them. Some can be wired either normal way or the backwards Festy way. Since I had 323 fan switch installed that is open cold and closes hot, I wired mine normal way, though it could be wired either way. I mean the relay cost a whopping $5 shipped off ebay. About what a heavy duty metal toggle switch costs. And I'd soon use a relay. I rather the relay and fan switch do the heavy lifting, I dont much want to be turning fan off and on manually. And these engines run kinda cool so rather not have fan running full time.

Comment

Working...
          X